We’re a multi-disciplinary team (one event planner, one engineer and one tech exec) that believes deeply in people and technology. We work together - and pretty well, we might add - to deliver valuable experiences our customers love.
Lucy Giovando Watts - Founder / CEO
- Over 18 years of meeting and event experience with both CMP and CMM designations.
- Previously CEO of successful Bay Area global meetings and event management company Giovando Watts & Company, Inc. as well as Director of Worldwide Events at OpenTV.
- President of Meeting Professionals International (MPI) Northern California Chapter and member of Green Meetings Industry Council (GMIC).
Vahid Kowsari - CO-Founder / CTO
- Over 20 years experience in software and web development.
- Held various management and engineering positions at IBM, OpenTV, and a number of successful start-ups.
- Previously Director of Engineering at Palette Software and Director of Engineering and Sr. Embedded Engineer at Cognitive Networks.
Jim Watts - CO-Founder / COO / CFO
- Over 20 years experience in the technology and finance industry.
- Previously COO / CFO for Giovando Watts & Company, Global Risk Manager for BlackRock, and Head of Worldwide Finance for Hewlett Packard software business.
- Masters from the Fletcher School of International Law, Diplomacy and Commerce at Tufts University.
The LASSO40 Lore
Lucy Giovando Watts was up late working on a final budget report for a client when she had a thought. In this day and age, no meeting and event planner should have to “wrangle” thousands of – okay it was 40 – paper sign-in sheets and manually enter them into a spreadsheet. It was nuts. She knew there had to be a better way. And that’s how LASSO40 was born. Get it, Wrangle, lasso, 40 sheets of paper, LASSO40?!
We're hiring great people like you!
Join the pioneer of check-in and e-Signature solutions for the meetings and events industry. Our 2015 accolades include being named a Finalist at the IMEX Pitch Competition. With an impressive and growing client list, we developed the platform that provides a cost-effective monthly subscription rate that frees our customers from multi-year contracts.
We recently launched our breakthrough platform, enabling companies to respond the rapidly growing demand for mobile capabilities, and to link event and business data.